Saturday, January 18, 2014

Happy Valentine's Heart Pattern Friendship Bracelet

Friendship bracelets are timeless.  I made them as a kid and it was the first product that I made and made money off of.  My mother set up regularly at craft shows with her handmade leather products and I would go with her and have a basket of my bracelets on the corner of her table.  I can still remember how thrilling it was to have someone want to give me money for something I made - even if it was only $2.50.  :)



While embroidery floss is the traditional material for these knotted bracelets, I used colorful twine from the Dollar Store to make a bolder, chunkier piece!


This heart pattern uses just one variation from the standard chevron pattern, and your starting thread layout should look like this:


While supervision (and interference) from a cat isn't mandatory for success in this project, I often find it helpful.  :)


CLICK HERE for a link to my step-by-step video tutorial.






No comments:

Post a Comment